Why work here?
REX is a fast growing, multi-disciplined company with a talented team that provides elegant, simple solutions and is looking for their next team member to join the fun!
Our Culture Champion will leverage expertise spanning the range of People disciplines and best practices to drive the development and curation of an exceptional employee experience and culture, the development of our talent, and the operational elements of the full employee life cycle. This individual should have strong Talent Management skills, a keen sense of urgency, great communication skills, and a go-getter attitude.
The Culture Champion is focused on the development of our culture, including latest ideas and initiatives for engagement and benefits. Working closely with the leadership team to deliver on our commitment to our People, the Culture Champion will develop, retain, and inspire the world’s best team of colleagues.
We know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine. If this sounds like a great fit for you, look at the description below!
- Develop, execute, and advance a diversity and inclusion strategy that drives a culture of inclusion, innovation and employee engagement through collaboration and programmatic efforts ensuring leadership engagement as well as communicate a clear and relevant philosophy.
- Partner with Human Resources and leaders to drive implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, and policies that will attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce and foster an environment of inclusion.
- Responsible for working with hiring managers to refine new staffing needs, analyze growth opportunities, help to create official job descriptions for new roles, and craft effective job postings.
- Develop and implement initiatives across a full spectrum of talent management – talent assessment, succession planning, competency modeling, career development, executive development, and employee engagement.
- Assess culture on a periodic basis utilizing best in class methods, identify opportunities, develop, and implement initiatives.
- Organize, plan, and promote staff engagement events such as company lunches, holiday parties, learning & development series, and any other culture initiatives.
- Champion Employee Relations consistent with REX.one’s Best Place To Work and employee communication/recognition initiatives such as the Employee Opinion Survey, Employee luncheon, Internal
- Communications Meetings, Employee Action Committees, Employee Appreciation Week, REX.one Moments of Recognition, and partner with operations to increase awareness of REX.one charitable activities, and other partnerships.
- Partner with Managers/Department Heads to achieve excellence in employee satisfaction scores as measured through the annual Employee Opinion and Best Places to Work Surveys.
- Serve as expert and advisor on talent management, engagement, and company culture.
- Curate new employee touchpoints with similar cohorts or similar leveled employees in the organization.
- Facilitate appropriate staff to conduct onboarding process to bring new employees up to speed efficiently and effectively.
- Serve as expert and advisor on diversity and inclusion. Work closely with leadership to develop, execute, and track progress against DEI priorities.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources, People and Culture
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Deep experience in talent acquisition, people operations, employee relations and talent development.
- Relevant experience in technology or other forward-thinking industry creating and maintaining employee benefit and engagement programs
- Must be extremely efficient, creative, resourceful, adaptable team player, detail-oriented, flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment with diverse workforce
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Strong Microsoft Suite knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels within the company structure in a group setting or one-to-one basis
- Strong organization skills, problem solving, assessment, planning, interpersonal negotiating, time management, decision-making skills, facilitation, collaboration, prioritization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
Benefits Include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, 401K
REX.one is the umbrella brand for three fast-growing, multi-disciplinary companies: REX Engineering Group, REX Construction Services, and REX Technology, with offices in Chicago, Orlando, Los Angeles, and Charlotte.
We place primary importance on collaborating together and with our clients, focusing on building relationships as we provide the highest level of service to our clients and our projects. We also prioritize our people, and look to provide opportunities for responsibility and advancement, while establishing a rewarding and supportive environment.