REX Construction Services, a rapidly growing and dynamic company, is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee project execution to ensure adherence to project budgets and timelines. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing commercial construction projects valued at $5MM and higher.
Duties to include:
- Provide leadership to Ownership, the project management team, subcontractors, and suppliers; assist them in planning, implementation, and coordination of the work to achieve timely and economical results with high-quality professional relationships.
- Assist Preconstruction with the preparation of budget estimates.
- Assist Preconstruction with soliciting and obtaining bids from subcontractors and material suppliers
- Responsibility for advance job planning, including the development of a master CPM schedule. Periodic updating of CPM master schedule during the course of the project. Expedite subcontractors’ work and delivery of materials.
- Suggest methods and materials for the improvement of potential projects from a cost and constructability perspective.
- Drafting and tracking subcontracts, purchase order agreements, change orders, and collection of insurance certificates, permits, bonds, and other documents.
- Work to ensure the interest of the company is protected at all times.
- Conduct preconstruction conferences and attend pre-installation meetings.
- Monitor, approve and control all costs of assigned projects. Budget set up, variance tracking, and reporting to the REX Executive Team and Ownership.
- Assist Superintendent in maintaining proper safety measures on the project in accordance with OSHA, the REX Corporate Safety Plan, and project-specific requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain exemplary relationships with the owner, architect, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities, and REX Construction Services personnel involved with the project.
- Represent to all persons a level of integrity, pride, enthusiasm, and competence that encourages the highest level of performance and morale.
- Provide the opportunity for all REX Construction Services personnel to grow and develop to their maximum potential. Assist in training candidates for advancement to the level of a project manager.
- Competence in Procore, Microsoft Excel/Project, and construction accounting software a plus.
Seeking only local candidates to the Charlotte area.