REX Construction Services pairs proven construction management techniques with modern-day technology, allowing us to truly innovate and provide our partners and clients faster projects with fewer surprises. Offering services such as preconstruction, design-build, construction management and general contractor.
Compensation: Compensation includes base salary and variable bonus with on-target earnings of $130k-$150k
Location: Chicago on-site
Undertake direct outside sales assignments and assist with corporate marketing support to ensure the Company maintains the necessary sales and marketing efforts to meet its profit objective and to expand its competitive position in its markets.
- Generate leads and sales, identify new and qualified potential clients.
- Utilize Rex’s prospect/client database (CRM) for use during telephone solicitation and/or personal meetings. This information should be kept in the CRM allowing separate notes for each company or agency. All pertinent data concerning that company or agency, should be entered i.e., date, topic of conversation, and result or follow up listed for each call.
- Through reporting services, networking and telephone and email solicitation, identify prospective owners, architects, other consultants, and projects for which Rex could potentially become involved.
- Maintain active exposure by attending local and state events where Rex Construction Services, name might be exposed to potential customers.
- Maintain personal contact with prospects and existing clients to determine future contracting needs.
- Work with our Marketing Team in the creation of marketing materials. Assist in preparing proposals, letters, etc. for the Company. Utilize a RFQ proposal log to record data on all prospects where RFQs have been submitted and where vital information is available.
- Be aware of Market changes such as building inventory demand, competitive contractor pricing (fees), government policy and competition, which could affect REX’s ability to successfully secure future work.
- Perform various other related duties and handle any unassigned, unexpected, or unusual problems or circumstances that may occur, and any special requests that may be assigned or deemed necessary by the President.
- Continuously serve as a sounding board and impartial advocate for our client’s needs. Before, during and after construction touch base and find out how our teams are doing. Report back to the leadership with any positive or negative feedback. Take action with the teams to resolve any issues and keep our clients completely satisfied.
- Degree in Construction, Business or Marketing is preferred.
- Five years of experience in Construction or Construction related field.
- Must be aggressive and capable of creating leads.
- Must have a great desire to be a part of a team.
- Membership to: SMPS or NBDA preferred
Must be local to Chicago office location.