Provide continuous hands-on field supervision for all construction operations in Orlando, Florida, including direct supervision of assistants, foremen, craftsmen, subcontractors, and other construction-related personnel directing them in the planning, coordination, and execution of work on time, within budget, achieving high standards of workmanship, attaining or exceeding profit goals, maintaining a safe workplace, promoting and enhancing client relationships within REX Construction Services.
- Assist the Project Manager with the finalization of the project schedule.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, participate in the review and selection of all subcontractors and vendors during the budget phase.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations on construction matters.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the plans, specifications, and contract with the owner, subcontractors, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, and all documents related to the project. Become thoroughly familiar with all building codes and local ordinances. May need to acquire proper literature.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, conduct jobsite meetings with subordinates, subcontractors, and others as appropriate in order to inform, coordinate and direct the work.
- Supervise the preparation of job site originated reports and standard company reports.
- Ensure timely submittal of all paperwork and regular mail pickup/delivery, as required.
- Constantly review field production, analyze, supervise and improve where necessary or possible.
- Takes steps to ensure that he/she is always accessible for communication with subcontractors, as well as the main office.
- Document and inform the Project Manager in a timely fashion of all delays (subcontractor, weather, owner, architect, city, other) changed conditions, changes in the plans and specifications, verbal orders from architect and owner. Take immediate action and resolve any such issues. The Superintendent shall immediately inform the Project Manager of any cost impact or potential cost impact to the Project.
- Advise, counsel, and assist project personnel on matters concerning construction operations.
- Keep the Project Manager fully informed in a timely fashion with regard to any and all problem areas of the project, changes in schedule, or deficiencies in work scopes.
- Monitor job labor costs daily and weekly
- Inform Corporate Marketing of any unusual or noteworthy aspects or activities on the job which may be used to gain recognition or publicity for REX Construction Services,
- Maintain contact with owners and clients to ensure their satisfaction with ongoing projects and for marketing purposes.
Only local candidates to Chicago, Illinois will be considered for this position.